Staff and classroom assistants promote a clear understanding of the behaviour expected, and children work towards rewards, rather than sanctions. All children are therefore encouraged by the recognition of good work and behaviour, by high standards of personal appearance, thoughtfulness and politeness, and by the improvement in any of these academic and personal skills. In this environment children learn to care for and respect each other, and personal belongings.
If a child misbehaves, the parents or carers will be invited to discuss the problem with the teacher so that a solution can be found.
St Bartholomew’s Code of Conduct
- Be considerate – help each other and be polite to everyone
- Always show good manners
- Listen to and obey teachers, lunchtime staff, and classroom assistants at all times
- Stand quietly by the door after the bell has been rung
- Play only on playground areas
- Always ask permission to leave the playground
- Always move around the school in a quiet and orderly manner
- Walk on the left of the corridor
- Never push past anyone
- Look after your own and other people’s property
- Be SAFE
- And THINK OF OTHERS